Your Organization Within the Community Context
This is a 500–750 word narrative paper supported with reputable sources that describe the human services organization you work for, or would like to work for as a human services leader, in the community identified in the assignment in Unit 2.
While you understand your role and function within the agency, a human services leader needs to extend that context of practice to understanding the organization within the community. The organization was started and continues to serve the community for a reason. The paper explores the reason and the relation of the organization and the community over time.
As you gather the content for this paper, consider these questions:
- How does the organization fit into the community?
- What is its mission and services?
- How does it fit into the network of services?
- What is its history with the community and specific groups?
- How does it involve the community in decisions—board, advisory council, other?
- What types of outreach does it do?
- What is available on its Web site?
Note: Integrate these ideas into a cohesive narrative. Refrain from answering the questions like a take-home exam.
- On a sheet of paper, write down 15 specific things you did over the course of the past 24 hours (for example: got out of bed, drove/rode/walked to class, brushed teeth, etc.).
- Next, categorize each of the behaviors on your list into one of three types or sources of motivation: biological (i.e., drive-reduction theory), stimulus (i.e., arousal theory), or learned (i.e., incentive approach).
Thoroughly discuss the following:
- Discuss three behaviors from your list that you were able to categorize easily (include the behaviors and their category). What were the motivations behind those behaviors?
- Discuss three behaviors that you had difficulty categorizing. What about these behaviors made them more difficult to categorize?
Important guidelines to follow:
Write at least a 300-word, well-developed and well-written response. Use APA Formatting Guide to create accurate citations and documentation to give credit for any resource material used in your response. Your assignment is due October 29 in class.
The post Your Organization Within the Community Context appeared first on WGU Nursing Essays.