)Personal Self-Concept: What is your current self-concept related to your personal appearance, talents, skills, health and health risks? What is your desired self-concept related to your personal appearance, talents, and skills? Are these realistic?
2) Professional Self-Concept (Values): What values, attitudes, beliefs, and biases do you bring to your profession? How were those values formed? By your family, by your religion, or by your past or present interaction with people? Do you desire to change any values, attitudes, beliefs, and biases and health risks? Why?
3) Definition of Nursing: What is your own definition of nursing?
4) Nursing Theorist/Theory: Which nursing theorist/theory comes closest to your own definition and approach to nursing? Describe the theorist/theory and discuss how the theory is congruent with your own definition of nursing.
5) Professional Goals: What are your professional goals?
6) Professional Self-Concept (Knowledge): What knowledge do you bring to your profession? What knowledge do you desire? Will this knowledge assist you in achieving your professional goals?
7) Professional Self-Concept (Skills): What skills do you bring to your profession? What skills do you desire? Will these skills assist you in achieving your professional goals?
8) Self-Concept Changes: Has your professional self-concept changed since you became a nurse? Can you identify how and why? Was it a person or people that influenced your change? Or was it an event or situation?