- Using Dorothy Parker’s Interview: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44830/interview-56d22412c4b44
- You will closely read your chosen poem, considering its structural elements, patterns of figurative language, and other literary elements.
- Read and reread the poem; by paying attention to the varied features of a poem, you will build an interpretation of the poemâ€™s meaning.
- See the Interpretation vs. Analysis, How to Approach the Analysis of a Poem, The Four Modes of Approaching a Poem, and the Explication pages, as well as the Sample Poetry Analysis using Frost’s “The Road Not Taken” for assistance.
- Take notes and use your notes to create an outline of textual evidence that points to the same or a similar conclusion.
- Use this outline to develop your working thesis. You can then use the guidelines on the the Starting Your Poetry Analysis Essay page to write your introductory paragraph.
- Read/review this Purdue OWL link on Close Reading of Poetry and this overview of how to write about poetry to help you develop your remaining paragraphs.
- Draft your concluding paragraph, in which you will restate your thesis in a slightly different way (for example, possibly relating it to other elements of the poem, the author’s work, or other poems).
- PAPER WILL BE TURNED INTO TURNITIN!
Criteria on Which You Will be Graded:
- The specificity and development of your thesis
- Your supporting claims, logic, and organization
- The quality of your writing, to include paragraph development and organization: topic sentences, conclusions, transitions, etc. See Starting Your Poetry Analysis Essay
- Your engagement with the text (how you explain your examples, your choice of supporting quotations)
- Format: You are required to use MLA style for all writing assignments. Proper MLA citation and a correctly formatted Works Cited page (12-point font, Times New Roman, double spacing, Last name and page number on each page, etc.). Please refer to the Purdue Online Writing Lab for MLA formatting and style guide.
- Academic Honesty (all sources must be cited)
- Length Requirement: 750-1000 words
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.