INTRODUCTION TO CRM AND SOURCES OF CONFLICT
SLP Assignment Expectations
- The intent of the SLP is for you to apply the theoretical and general aspects covered in each module, to real-life and practical cases.
- Conflict is an integral part of our lives, and we encounter it in every aspect of our personal and professional activities.
- Surely, you have observed (or even participated in) some form of conflict at your workplace, be it a simple but heated interpersonal matter, or a full-scale organizational dispute.
- The SLP will always have three short parts you will need to address in EACH module, as described below.
- Focus should be put on sections II + III.
- As each module deals with a different topic, you can choose on describing and analyzing the same conflict in all modules, or widening your scope and describing different incidents.
Part I: Background and Settings (in about ½ a page):
- The Organization: Without revealing proprietary information, describe the organization of your choice. (It should be one that you are familiar with, so preferably it would be easier if it were your own).
- The Conflict: Describe the workplace conflict issue you have chosen to write about.
- What is the underlying problem or difference?
- Who are the parties or sides in this conflict?
- Choose a Side: Choose one of the parties or sides in the conflict and let me know of your choice.
Part II: How Was It Managed? (in about 1 full page):
- Describe “your chosen” side’s decisions and/or behaviors and/or actions to the following:
- What were the underlying sources of the conflict: Personal or substantive? Explain which criteria you used to defined it as personal or substantive.
- What negative effect did this conflict have on the goal attainment of your organization? How were personal/working relationships affected?
Part III: What Would You Have Done? (in about 1 full page):
- Assuming you are the principal representative for your “chosen side”:
- What would you have done in this case to solve the issue?
- What decisions would you have taken?
- TOTAL PAGES IS 2 AND A HALF FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
Begin this assignment by reading the following scenario:
Atlantic Shrimp is a major processor of fresh and frozen shrimp sold throughout the United States. Atlantic shrimp employs 301 workers at its principal processing plant. The plant has a relatively young crew with 73% of the workforce between the ages of 23 and 31. The plant is in Savannah, Georgia. Atlantic Shrimp requires a high school diploma or GED as a condition of employment for its cleaning crew. Right now, the entire cleaning crew at Atlantic Shrimp is Caucasian.
Prepare a 4-page paper, not counting the cover page, the requested appendix, and reference page. Address the following questions in your paper:
- How would information about Savannah’s labor market be important in considering whether or not Atlantic Shrimp is in compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Discuss relevant data you find associated with Savannah’s demographics.
- Based on your readings and research, does Atlantic Shrimp need to make policy changes to ensure compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Should there be changes to comply with the Age Discrimination in Employment Act? If so, what changes should Atlantic Shrimp make, and why are they necessary to comply with each of these important laws?
- Use at least six (6) sources, at least four (4) of which should be found on your own (outside of the module readings). Provide a 1- or 2-page Appendix discussing why your non-module sources (ones found on your own) were chosen and what criteria you used to determine that they were appropriate sources to utilize for your academic paper.
Upload your paper by the module due date. The paper should be at least 4 pages, not counting the cover, appendix, and reference pages.
Recall that as the Court found in the Griggs case, if an employment practice has a disparate impact on members of minority groups and there is no proven “business necessity” for the practice, that suffices as a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The intent of the SLP is for you to apply the theoretical and general aspects covered in each module, to real-life and practical cases. was first posted on July 21, 2019 at 4:36 pm.
©2019 “The Nursing Hub”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The post The intent of the SLP is for you to apply the theoretical and general aspects covered in each module, to real-life and practical cases. appeared first on WGU Nursing Essays.