1. A family with hidden wealth
2. An island with hidden treasure
3. Napoleon Bonapartes place of exile
4. Wife of Fernand
5. Boat of smugglers
6. Feared that people would associate him with his fathers political views
7. The priest who spoke to Caderousse
8. Willed Dantes a fortune
9. Daughter of Morrel
10. The name Dantess disguise as a representative of Thompson and French
11. Assistant deputy prosecutor who puts Dantes in the Chateau dIf
12. Fiance of Julie
13. Former emperor of France
14. Madame de Morcerf
15. The person who murders Edouard(Edward) Villefort
16. The person who tries thinks about suicide because he believes he cannot live without his one true love
17. The person who says, Wait and hope.
18. The person who promises to help the Count with a new start of happiness
19. The person who takes his/her own life at her husbands suggestion because she ruined the familys reputation
20. The person who goes mad
21. Ship captain
23. Valentines mother
24. Danglars daughter
25. Julies husband
26. Morrels daughter
27. The doctor
28. Bonapartist who was to receive the note that condemned Dantes
29. Son of Fernand Mondego
30. Father of Dantes
Complete the question stem; these will be multiple choice on the test.
31. Edmond was imprisoned for a total of
32. The only person who immediately recognizes Dantes is
33. All of the following are the Counts disguises
34. In his letter to Maximilien, the Count tells him
35. Eugenie runs away with _______________ and does not marry ____________ or ___________.
36. Monte Cristo was first convinced ___________________________; later he began to doubt it.
37. When Monte Cristo ruins Danglars financially, Danglars
38. The young men who strike up an acquaintance with the Count in Rome are
39. Monte Cristo gains the favor of Danglars and his wife by
40. Monte Cristo gains the favor of Madame de Villefort by
CMC Exam Review
41. Madame de Villefort wants Valentine to
42. Nortier communicates with his
43. Nortier threatens to disinherit Valentine if she
44. Barrios dies of
True/False (Not in the same order on the test.)
45. One way that Dantes helps Morrel is to have a ship built for him.
46. Faria died of hunger.
47. Abbe Faria could not read nor write.
48. Dantes escaped through a rope ladder that Faria made.
49. Dantess appearance changed so much during his imprisonment that most of the people he encountered afterward did not recognize him.
50. The Count shows mercy to Danglars because Danglars is the person who commits the smallest crime against him.
51. Mercedes professes her love to Dantes at the end of the novel and hopes to be reunited with him in marriage.
52. Dantes is able to figure out for himself the persons responsible for his imprisonment.
53. Madame Danglars is left penniless when her husband leaves her.
54. Madame Villefort learns about poisons from the Counts servant Bertuccio.
55. Albert first accuses Villefort for his fathers misfortune.
56. Albert apologizes to the Count after he challenges the Count to a duel.
57. Fernand Mondego was loyal to Ali Pasha until the end of the Pashas life.
58. Nortier is slowly poisoning his granddaughter to save her life.
59. Fernand hated Dantes because Fernand was jealous that Dantes was going to be captain.
60. Maximilien is reunited with his true love at the end of the novel.
Match the character to the quote: Dantes, Madame Danglars, Mercedes, Danglars, Morrel
(no rules- some names used, some not; not in the same order on the test.)
61. It is with this consoling hope that I leave you, my dear and very prudent wife.
62. There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state to another.
63. I live between two graves. One is that of Edmond Dantes. . .the other is that of the man whom Edmond Dantes killed.
64. The gods never do evil; they always stop where they want to stop. Chance is never stronger than they are; on the contrary, it is they who dominate the chance