Nursing Diagnoses—To Use or Not to Use?
As health care becomes more collaborative, some nurses question the value of using nursing diagnoses and would prefer to document based on medical diagnoses. In this assignment, you will discuss the pros and cons of using nursing diagnoses in the clinical setting and determine their value to the profession of nursing.
Based on your own experience and from your readings in this course, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, address the following in 200 to 300 words:
- Are there any references to the nursing process or nursing diagnosis in your the State of GA Nurse Practice Act? Please explain.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using nursing diagnoses in the clinical setting?
- What is your position (either pro or con) regarding the use of nursing diagnoses in professional nursing practice?
- By the due date assigned, post your 200- to 300-word response to the Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, review and respond to the questions submitted by at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking questions, providing or asking for statements of clarification, and drawing conclusions. Offer your own assessments of insights and issues mentioned by your classmates.
- All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources. Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- Make sure your writing:
- Is clear, concise, and organized.
- Demonstrates ethical scholarship in the accurate representation and attribution of sources.
- Displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
The post Nursing Diagnoses—To Use or Not to Use? appeared first on WGU Nursing Essays.