Examine and analyse why strategic HR management is essential to the success of organisations Critically evaluate a minimum of two strategic HR inventions that enable organisations to improve employee performance.
Examine and analyse why strategic HR management is essential to the success of organisations
Critically evaluate a minimum of two strategic HR inventions that enable organisations to improve employee performance
1. Employee Turnover and Retention
2. Helping women break into the boardroom
3. A Change in Brand Identity for CIPD
4. Are UK organisations getting better at managing people
• Assignment must be submitted in required format, showing appropriate use of academic references and subheadings.
• Word count must be shown on the assignment header page and must be within the word allowance tolerances shown within the assessment information.
• Report style assignment must include a contents page.
• Assignment must be typed in Arial, MS Reference Sans Serif or Verdana font style, and minimum font size 12.
• Assignment must be line and half spacing with 2.5cm margins.
• Please do not describe what is happening in the organisation. You must evaluate. Evaluate the theory in the context of the organisation. What alternative models or theories might facilitate practice in the organisation?
• You will not be expected to provide a background briefing to the organisation, but you might provide examples from the case study organisation, to explore and emphasise the direction and validity of your paper. Be careful about using company or industry specific jargon. You have to help the reader understand the story you are putting together. This is not saying do not use jargon but ensure you tell the reader what it means.
• Improved grades will be awarded for demonstration of relevant wider reading (please be responsible and undertake the necessary background reading, study, research to facilitate the classroom based learning on the module). Remember the key is the strategic management of human resources and your analysis must view the evaluation from this perspective.
• All work will be written in THIRD (3rd) Person. Any deviance from this position will likely impact on your final grade.
Selected Journal Articles
Karami A, Jones B M & Kakabadse N (2008) Does strategic human resource management matter in high tech sector? Some Learning points for SME managers Corporate Governance 8 (1) pp7-17
Thite M (2004) Strategic positioning of HRM in knowledge-based organizations The Learning Organization 11 (1) pp28-44
Proenca M T V C & de Oliveira E T V (2009) From normative to tacit knowledge: CV’s analysis in personnel selection Employee Relations 31 (4) pp427-447
Kluemper D H & Rosen P A (2009) Future employment selection methods: Evaluating social networking web sites Journal of Managerial Psychology 24 (6) pp567-580
Markova G & Ford C (2011) Is money the panacea? Rewards for knowledge workers International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management 60 (8) pp813-823
Armstrong M, Brown D & Reilly P (2011) Increasing the effectiveness of reward management: An evidence based approach Employee Relations 33 (2) pp106-120
Coleman G & Ingram H (2004) A new approach to benchmarking learning and development strategy International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 16 (1) pp52-58
The post Examine and analyse why strategic HR management is essential to the success of organisations Critically evaluate a minimum of two strategic HR inventions that enable organisations to improve employee performance. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.