- Discuss several risk factors that may impact health outcomes for vulnerable populations.
Assurance is one of the three core functions of public health. Find a resource in your community (other than WIC) that could assist Mary during her pregnancy. Start by searching the internet for your local health department’s website. What services do they provide for pregnant women, those living in poverty, or those with mental health concerns? What about your local welfare office? Do they provide prenatal or mental health services? Are there any service organizations, crisis pregnancy centers, or churches providing help for pregnant women or those experiencing mental health concerns? (The Internet, your local newspaper, and the telephone book may also help you locate resources)
- Briefly describe the types of services that you found.
- Choose one agency and assess this agency in terms of the 4 A’s. Is it accessible, acceptable, affordable, or available for Mary or other pregnant women that you case-manage?
- Are there adequate resources for other vulnerable populations in your community?
- Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2015). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.Choose one of the following five chapters.
- Chapter 16: Child and Adolescent Health
- Chapter 17: Women’s Health
- Chapter 18: Men’s Health
- Chapter 19: Senior Health
- Chapter 20: Family Health
Also choose one of the following four chapters.
- Chapter 21: Populations Affected by Disabilities
- Chapter 22: Homeless Populations
- Chapter 23: Rural and Migrant Health
- Chapter 24: Populations Affected by Mental Illness
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post CARE FOR THE VULNERABLE POPULATION appeared first on Health Essays Help.
The post CARE FOR THE VULNERABLE POPULATION appeared first on WGU Nursing Essays.